Since printers are expensive products; they are need to be maintained in the right way so that they can last long. Lack of proper maintenance may shorten the lifespan of the printer and this may become difficult for the user to invest on a newer one. Both the laser printer and an inkjet printer would require attention and maintenance if you really want them to last long.
Mentioned below are some of the tips that can help you to lengthen the lifespan of the printer:
- Never shut down the printer when the printer is in the middle of printing. This can affect the functioning of the printer and can shorten the lifespan. Moreover, when the printer is not in use, you can turn off the printer as this helps in preventing the ink from drying out.
- Always use high quality paper. Low quality paper can cause paper jams. In order to know which type of paper needs to be used you can consult with the manufacturer or else you can get in touch with hp customer service number as the technical experts there can assist you in determining which quality paper needs to be used.
- Never force to get the paper out in case of a paper jam. This can not only impair the printer, but also leave tads of paper in the printer, which could cause damage soon after. To get the paper out effortlessly, maximum printers have a flap attached at the rear that can be removed without difficulty. Once this hatch is detached, you would be able to get entry to the paper wheels and you should be able to see the paper that has been stuck inside and can get it out. Moreover, always use both the hands as this causes less force on the paper.
- Avoid well-matched, replenished or remanufactured ink and toner cartridges. Even though these ink and toner cartridges come at a less price rate; it may prevent the printer to work effectively. Thus, if you want to prolong the lifespan of your printer then you should always purchase excellent quality ink and toner cartridges.
- Keep the printer clean and tidy. Like the electrical gadgets need to be cleaned regularly similarly, the printer also needs to be cleaned on a regular basis. Dirt and dust can hamper the functionality of the printer. When cleaning the printer, make sure that the printer is turned off; take help of the manual to clean the printer. Refrain from using water to clean the inside of the printer as the liquid or moisture residue left inside can impair the printer.
Apart from all these tips, at any time you can consult with the experts at hp customer service number, as they are the right person to guide you in such scenarios.
Thus, it can be concluded by stating that before you plan to write your printer off, these simple tips and ideas can assist lengthen the lifespan of your printer.