Email is regarded as one of the most essential medium of communication in the present times. Therefore, in case of any issues with the email, the business communication suffers a lot. There are many probable reasons for email complications, some of which are easily detectable while others may require the interference of the expert support.
Mentioned below are some of the tips to diagnose and fix common email problems:
- Unable to send or receive emails: The first most important thing is to check if the internet connection is there. This can be checked by logging to the other websites. In case there is no internet connection, disconnect the Ethernet or the USB cable and try to connect it again, if it still does not work, consult with the Internet Service Provider. However, in case you are using a wireless connection check if the signal strength is strong or not. But in case there is internet connection but you are still not able to log in to the webmail; it is advisable to contact the system administrator or sbcglobal tech support team.
- If the internet connection is there then check the email settings. Make sure that the username contains the complete email address. In addition to this, check the incoming and outgoing mail server, incoming and outgoing port number.
- If your settings are okay, the next step is to make certain that authentication is switched on for the outgoing server.
- If the problem still persists, try to delete the mail account and set it up again.
- Some mails are lost: If you see that certain mails are not there in the inbox; then do the following things:
- Log in to web mail and find out if the emails have been received from the sender. In case the emails are not on the email but are there on web mail, there is a problem with the email program. In addition, make sure that there is no specific rules setup to redirect mail and check the entire mailbox to make sure that the mail has not been relocated.
- In case the web mail do not have any record of the emails then check with the sender to find out if any bounce back has been received. If not, you should take down the sender’s email address, the estimated time when the mail has been sent along with the subject line of the mail and then contact with the Sbc global tech support team so that they can do the needful.
- Undelivered messages received that have not been sent: In case the inbox is flooded with lots of undelivered messages then this may indicate that the account has been compromised. In such scenario it is essential to scan the system for viruses. An email account can be compromised in case of weak and easy to guess password, accessing corrupt website.
Thus, to conclude these are some of the common email problems that can be diagnosed and fixed easily; however; still if you are not able to get the problem solved contact the tech support team to get this issue sorted.