Printers are the most essential thing now-a-days which can help people to get their job done easily and conveniently. But sometimes also printers may become troublesome. In that case the user may have to face various difficulties. That is why users should be aware of printer related issues and also they should know which troubleshooting steps will help them out.
If you are a HP printer user you may face problems like jammed printer or jammed paper problems, printer ink or cartridge related issues and other kinds of technical issues. That is why you should know the troubleshooting steps to get rid of these problems. Also you may go to their customer support page to get the effective troubleshooting steps.
These below mentioned troubleshooting steps will help you to get rid of several printer related issues:
If you are unable to detect or resolve printer or scanner related issues you can opt for HP Print and Scan Doctor. In that case you need to download the HP Print and Scan Doctor. After downloading this, the main page will be opened. Then you have to follow these below mentioned steps:
- First you need to click “Start” button which will appear on the Welcome screen.
- If you are unable to find your printer model in the list, you need to make sure that the printer is turned on and connected. Now you have to click on “My product is not listed” and then you need to click on “Retry”.
- Now you have to select your printer model and then you need to click “Next”.
- Next you need to see whether there is any connection problem in your printer. If any problem is detected you need to click the method which is being used to connect the printer. Now you need to follow the instructions on the screen and then you have to click “Retry”.
- Now according to your issue you need to click on either “Fix Printing” or “Fix Scanning”.
If you are unable to download or run the Print and Scan Doctor you also may call on hp customer service number to get better solution.
Also you can use the HP Print and Scan Doctor to test the status of the print queue, printer spooler, and the device manager. If your printer is having printing problem you need to follow these below mentioned steps:
- Going through the previous methods you will be able to get the page where you will be prompted to select either “Fix Printing” or “Fix Scanning”. From that page you need to select “Fix Printing”.
- In the results screen you will be able to see the list of actionable results.
- Then according to the signs you need to understand if your printer has passes the test or not.
- If you are seeing a red “X”, you need to follow the on-screen instructions to resolve the issue.
If you are unable to run the test or if you are unable to resolve printer relates issues on your own you need to call on hp tech support to get effective solutions for your printer.