AVG is one of the best installation software that you have and most of the times you are easily able to download the software without much problems. However, people using the AVG antivirus, at times to complain of a particular error 0xC00702E4 which at times interrupts the installation process. So, it is good to know the fix for this error code. So, in case during the installation process, if you face this type of an error, then you can resolve it by yourself. There are two causes which results in the occurrence of this type of an issue. If there is a collision between two conflicting programs, then you normally face this type of an issue or in case there are certain files which are not installed during the process of installation, then this type of an error occurs.
Given below is a list of the steps that you need to follow in case you get this particular error code during the AVG software installation process:
- First you need to go to the “Start” option
- Then you need to go to “Control Panel” and then you need to go to “Programs and features” in case the operating system used is either Windows 7 or Vista
- Then you again need to go to Start ,then Control panel and then you need to go to Add/Remove programs in case there is a Windows XP operating system
- Then right click in the bottom left hand corner of the screen and then wait till you get “Quick access menu” on your screen
- Then go to the “Control Panel” option and then make sure that you “uninstall the program”
- First you need to check for the list of anti-virus software in the list of the installed programs and then uninstall it
- Then you need to click on “Ok”
If you do not find the software program listed in the list of installed programs, then it means that there is some other issue which is causing this error. So, in order to fix this issue you need to download the AVG remover. This tool makes sure that all the AVG components are completely uninstalled, so that the customer does not have any issues installing any other anti-virus software. If you want to install the AVG antivirus software then you need to follow the steps given below:
- First you need to download the AVG remover from the internet
- Then you need to select “AVG products” and then start the process of removal
- After the removal process is complete you need to restart the computer.
- Then you need to manually delete the AVG remover folder
After doing this step, you will no longer get the error code. Then go ahead and download the AVG software from the internet.
In case after following these steps you still get the error message you can contact the AVG customer service number. The customer support team of AVG will make sure that they are able to provide the best possible solution to all the AVG antivirus related issues.