Avast Anti-virus is one of the most preferred antivirus software which has been developed by the famous Czech company Avast Software. Their antivirus solutions cater to PCs and gadgets that operate on Windows, Mac OS, and Android operating systems. The different kinds of free and paid antivirus software packages developed by the company are:
- Avast Free Antivirus (free),
- Avast Free Mac Security (free),
- Mobile Security & Antivirus (free),
- Avast Internet Security (paid),
- Avast Pro Antivirus (paid), and
- Avast Premier (paid).
A survey conducted in 2015 showed that Avast is the most popular antivirus globally and holds the largest share of antivirus applications in the market.
Apart from their highly functional antivirus programs, Avast is also famous for providing superb service to their customers who contact avast customer support for any query related to the products.
System Requirements for Installing Avast Antivirus 2016 software:
Avast has launched the latest versions of its antivirus software which are –
- Avast Premier 2016,
- Avast Internet Security 2016,
- Avast Pro Antivirus 2016, and
- Avast Free Antivirus 2016.
To install and use any of the above-mention antivirus packages a device must have –
- Windows Versions : Windows 7 SP1 or higher, any Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 8 except RT and Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 8.1 except RT and Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 10 except Mobile and IoT Core Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows Vista SP2 or higher, except Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows XP SP3, any Edition
- Processor: Windows fully compatible PC with Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64 processor or above (must support SSE2 instructions)
- RAM – 256MB RAM or above
- ROM – 2GB Free space on hard disk
- Screen resolution – At least 800×600 pixels
- Internet – Internet connection to allow download, activation, and regular updates for the software
Downloading Avast Free Antivirus 2016:
A customer can easily download Avast Free Antivirus 2016 from the internet. Alternatively, they can contact avast customer support who can assist them with the same.
Installing Avast Free Antivirus 2016:
Installing Avast Free Antivirus 2016 is very easy. Here are the following steps a customer can follow in order to successfully install and use the antivirus on their device –
- Download Avast Free Antivirus 2016 software from the website.
- Once the download is complete, right-click on the downloaded file and select ‘run as administrator’.
- Once the Avast setup wizard appears, click ‘install’.
- To customize the language, location of program files, and program components, select ‘Custom Installation’ and set the preferences.
Note – One must register their antivirus within 30 days of installation to continue protecting their device with Avast Free Antivirus 2016.
Registering Avast Free Antivirus 2016:
To register Avast Free Antivirus 2016 after it has been downloaded and successfully installed on a device, one must:
- Right click on the orange-colored Avast icon in the device’s system tray and choose ‘Registration Information’.
- Select ‘Register Now’.
- Enter the data required in the registration form and select ‘Register’.
- Wait for the screen to show ‘REGISTERED’ and the expiration date.
Avast also offers an option to register the product offline. A customer can visit the website or call their customer support number to get complete details on how to perform offline registration.