Today printer is an important accompaniment of computer not only in the businesses but also in homes, schools and university. Students depend on the printers to get their projects done while the staffs in the office depend on the printer to get their critical office assessments finish. In spite of being highly dependable and trustworthy, at certain times it may create problem and do not function in a proper manner.
Among all the common problems that printer causes; one of the most popular one is that the printer doesn’t print. Users often call the technical help desk specialist to find out why the printer is not printing even though it has been connected properly. If the printer is just not responding at all then you need to do some basic checks such as:
- Check if the printer is connected to the power. This can be done by double checking if all the cables and wires at back are inserted in the right port and in the proper manner.
- Check if the printer is linked to the computer either by Wi-Fi or USB or Ethernet cable. This is because many times it has been found that users who call in to complain do not connect their printer with the computer.
- Make sure that the accurate and up to date printer drivers have been installed. In case you are unable to determine the same you can contact the helpdesk number so that they can help you in getting Lexmark printer troubleshooting done.
- Make sure that the printer is switched on and the main switch is also switched on.
- Check if the printer front, top, and rear doors are closed completely.
Once all these options have been checked, switch off the printer and then switch it back on. This frequently solves the issue. If still it does not work then do not hesitate to get in touch with the online technical helpdesk as they hire the most experienced and highly qualified technicians who can assist in performing Lexmark printer troubleshooting steps to get the issue fixed.
If it is wireless printer, check the connection settings of the printer, router as well as the computer. If these are ok, then check that you have assigned a static IP address to your printer. If there is no static IP address, then assign one as your printer might look for new IP address every time you turn it on. In case the wireless connection is still not working get the USB cable connected and then run the Wireless Setup Utility. After this, set up the wireless connection and remove the USB cable. This should ideally work but if still the same issue persists then approach the online tech support company who can take the remote assistance to troubleshoot the problem.
So, if your printer is not printing do not get frustrated instead perform the simple troubleshooting steps so that your printer can start giving prints once again.