Users often encounter a problem wherein they are unable to enter their ‘Hotmail’ account. It is one of the most frustrating experience to see ‘Hotmail Account has been Blocked’ message across one’s computer screen. Though, this problem is primarily caused due to misuse on the part of the end user, however, the ‘Hotmail not working’ problem can be resolved. This problem can prove to quite detrimental to the productivity of a company, especially if all data stored in the Hotmail account is synced with a Microsoft virtual drive. As the mail is the primary portal to enter into the virtual drive, man hours are lost in fixing the problem and extracting the information.
Some of the common problems an end user faces with ‘Hotmail not working’ are as follows:
- Inability to access ‘SkyDrive’, which is the Microsoft virtual drive. Normally all information is stored in the ‘SkyDrive’, which makes it difficult to carry out business activities is the drive itself becomes inaccessible.
- The ‘Windows Live Messenger’ one of the most commonly used tool of communication within a Small or Medium Business (SMB) will stop working, if the Hotmail account has been blocked.
- If one is a subscriber to the ‘Windows Phone Marketplace’, then it too will stop working without proper access to the Hotmail account.
- If one uses the Xbox then account of all prior achievements while playing games can be lost or overwritten.
- Most of the ‘Microsoft Office Applications’ will stop functioning or malfunction if the Hotmail account has been blocked.
In other words, users accessing the Internet using Microsoft tools or even using a Windows Operating System will face problems if Hotmail account does not work properly.
However, by following a few simple steps the account issue can be resolved. Some of the simplest methods of reactivating a malfunctioning Hotmail account are as follows:
- One can try re-accessing the account by signing in once again. However, this may not always work. In such a scenario it would be best to re-identify yourself by providing the information, which one had used while creating the account, once again.
- One will be required to provide the correct answer to the security question to get the account to rework.
- If the account has been hijacked it would be a good idea to restore it by providing it a new password. Ensure that the password is complicated to prevent hacking of the account in future.
- Microsoft may also ask you to re-enter your mobile number, address or alternative email ID, to identify the user without any chance of misinformation.
Normally, one’s email account contains all information whether sensitive or usual. Hence, inability to access the account on a given day can prove to be quite frustrating. However, ‘Hotmail not working’ may be a momentary problem, which can get resolved on its own. Thus, it is essential to evaluate all aspects of the problem before beginning the restart process. Once one is assured that the account is not working at all, follow the process to restart it and access all stored information.